Skip to content

Our History

Zion Evangelical is an established church family in northwest Ohio, having been in the Gibsonburg area for over 150 years! 

In 1864 a group of German Lutherans came to the Gibsonburg area because of the oil boom. There were 14 families with 40 confirmed members.

In 1892 a larger, ornate building was built on the empty lot on North Main Street.

Zion’s dream of a new building became a reality at 500 S. Brentwood Drive in Gibsonburg.

The church was dedicated on June 28, 1959. This building is still Zion’s place of worship.

OUR STAFF

Rusty Burkett

Council President

David Myerholtz

Council Vice President

Hannah Mapus

Church Secretary

Beth Schlea

Treasurer

Fran Benlein

Organist

Tom Pfeiffer

Choir Director

Tom Samson

Custodian